Nov 8, 2011

Back to posting...

Hi everyone,
I'm finally back to posting things on the blog.  Me and my family have been back for about 2 months now from Tennessee and it's been quit a rough time.

Mom has been diagnosed with chronic Lyme Disease.  It is a very serious and life threatening disease that causes all sorts of problems, from fatigue to seizures.  Animals such as ticks, dear, flees and raccoons can be carriers of this disease, but the most common by far is the tick.  This is not something to mess around with EVER!  I will Lord willing write more about this later, but for now here is a link to a site that tells you all about the disease:  lymedisease.org

I decided to go on a diet called The G.A.P.S. diet.  The reason for this change is from me experiencing heartburn and indigestion every day.  I've been on the diet for almost 10 weeks now and my heartburn is completely gone.  Here is the GAPS diet site, you can read more here:
www.gapsdiet.com


Over the past few weeks, I've been breeding all my does to our LaMancha buck.  Needless to say, it's not going very well and a lot of them have come back into heat, even after being bred.  So gave them all some Vitamin A, D and E powder (I got it from my local farmer's coop) to boost their immune systems and raise their chances of getting pregnant.

We leased our buck out to a lady who has some of the same breeding lines as our does, in trade for a registered guinea hog.  Now I am in sort of a dilema because I don't have a buck and will have to probably transport them to someone who has bucks. 
Anyway, thought I'd start posting again...sorry for my delay!

~Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment