I've got another recipe for all of you :) These pancakes turned out SO fluffy and personally, I like them WAY better than the ready mixed batter you buy at the store...especially since they're gluten-free! For the oat flour, I make my own out of regular oatmeal.
Pics of how to make your own oat flour below:
This recipe makes about 15 pancakes.
Ingredients:-4 egg yolks
-4 egg whites
-1 1/2 cups oatmeal
-1 1/2 cups oat flour
-2 cups milk (I use raw goat milk from my farm)
-4 tsp baking powder
-1 tsp salt
-8 tbsp sugar
-4 tbsp oil
1. Mix the oat flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl.
2. Pour milk into a pan and cook until slightly hot. Turn off the heat and pour in the oats (not the flour). Let that sit in the pan for 5 minutes.
3. Separate the egg yolk from the white and put them in two separate bowls. Then beat the egg yolk and oil together.
4. Then, mix the egg yolk mixture into the dry ingredients.
5. Beat the egg white until it's a bit frothy or has some air whipped into it and pour it into the main flour mix. Don't just stir it in, but fold it until the batter looks fairly smooth. Now you're ready to make pancakes!
6. Take a spoon and just pour small amounts of batter into the pan (make sure you grease your pan).
Hope these turn out for you and are as delicious as they were for me :)
Shared on: Welcome Wednesday